.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Local Eats

Home Cooking & Takeout in Roslindale, West Roxbury and Beyond

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Annie Chun's Udon Soup Bowl


J picked up a couple of Annie Chun products recently, at Trader Joe's I think. One I liked the other I didn't care for. The Udon Soup Bowl was pretty good, easy to do in the microwave and tasty with Udon, the fat ones, noodles and a vegetable flavor. I'll have that again but not too often because there was one drawback. The salt/sodium content per serving is listed at what seems like an acceptable level until you realize that there are two servings per bowl. Seen that way the salt/sodium consumed by eating the entire thing doubles and becomes, in my opinion, a much less healthy choice. Just divide it in two? Not practical especially if you have it at the office like the box suggests. For starters there's only one bowl and if you only eat half the contents that's not enough food for a satisfying lunch.


The other product was the Teriyaki Noodles. I just had those twenty minutes ago and for my taste they were too sweet and the flavor too strong for the noodles. And they were salty too. I can still taste them and while I didn't look at the nutritional info on the package I've been drinking a bottle of water while I wrote this and it's not quenching my thirst.

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2009 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just tried it and love it. i actually added a little more salt for flavor and love it even more. it's basically a very healthy soup leaving "salt" to each his own. i will buy it again this week.

 
At December 07, 2009 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, the sodium in Annie's udon is almost *nothing* compared to the sodium in Japanese instant udon (try a whopping 110%!).

 
At May 19, 2010 3:05 AM, Anonymous Los Angeles party bus said...

why it seems absurd to read the label of a higher-priced fancy instant noodle like Annie Chun's Udon Soup Bowl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home